Aragon Valley, in collaboration with the European Agency for Health and Safety at Work (EU-OSHA), presents the project “safety culture from school”.
The initiative belongs to the collaboration established between this blog and the EU-OSHA Agency during the current European “Healthy Workplaces Manage Stress” campaign and consist of a series of on-site presentations to students in centres of primary, secondary, high school or professional education.
Each presentation is approximately 45 minutes long and includes the following basic contents (estimated time, in brackets):
- Introduction of the European Agency for Safety and Health at Work and delivery of material (8 minutes);
- Introduction of the Agency´s “Healthy Workplaces Manage Stress” 2014-15 campaign (5 minutes);
- Introduction of the blog Aragon Valley and explanation of the media partnership between the blog and the EU-OSHA Agency (2 minutes);
- Stress: definition, causes and origin of stress according to worker´s opinion (10 minutes);
- Impact of stress on the organizations and warning signs (10 minutes);
- Identification of stress and preventive measures; benefits of the stress management for the organizations (10 minutes).
The presentation is performed by myself, David Mairal, and is accompanied by a Power Point presentation, as well as other official Agency´s material such as:
- Napo for teachers (safety and health education toolkits for teachers);
- technical documentation;
According to the specific characteristics of each educational centre or class, it is possible to include specific contents to the presentation, once agreed together with the teacher´s team in each school.
The presentations are available in English and Spanish. That is, once agreed with the teacher´s team of each centre, it is possible to perform the presentation in one of these two languages.
Each student attending the presentation is given a promotional set of school material from the EU-OSHA´s Agency, consisting of (the content may vary according to the Agency´s stock of material):
- 1 backpack;
- 1 double DVD doble with the “Napo´s stories” (the Agency´ s cartoon character);
- 1 ball pen;
- 1 flexible ruler;
- 1 notebook with post-its and coloured bookmarks;
- 1 leaflet.
This activity is available for free for any educational centre placed in the regions of Sobrarbe, Ribagorza, Somontano of Barbastro and the cities of Huesca, Zaragoza, Barcelona and their respective metropolitan areas.
Should you anyway involved in an educational centre in which the activity may be interesting, you can contact me by e-mail at email@example.com or by phone 0034 654499494, before the end of the current school year.
- CEIP Antonio Beltrán Martínez, Zaragoza – January 23, 2015;
- I.E.S. Monserrat Miró i Vilá, Montcada i Reixac – Barcelona – February 2/6, 2015.
- Salesians Terrassa – Barcelona – February 26, 2015.
- “Valle de Benasque” High School – Benasque, Huesca – March 27, 2015
- “Maestro Don Pedro Orós” School – Movera (Zaragoza) – April 27 – 28, 2015.