This post is also available in: Spanish
My last post on Prevención Integral -the site by the Specific Research Centre for the Improvement and Innovation at Companies (CERpIE) of the Technical University of Catalunya- is entitled “Sostenibilidad, responsabilidad, seguridad” and is all about the disruptive character of the occupational safety and health management when it is incorporated to the social responsibility and sustainability strategies in the organizations.
[SHORTCUT to the post “Sostenibilidad, responsabilidad, seguridad” on PI&ORP]
First of all, I must say that choosing terms like “disruptive” or “revolutionary”  to refer to this management model in occupational safety and health, is not a literary ornamentation: the incorporation of OSH to the sustainability and social responsibility strategies of the organizations, involves a values change which may render obsolete and even affect the long term development of the current approaches existing as a consequence of the legislation and the ISO/OHSAS standards 
The radical character of this joint sustainability-responsibility-safety approach is supported on two key elements:
- the application to the OSH management of two tools typically used in sustainability and social responsibility strategies: actor analysis and relevant topics analysis, which improve significantly the requirements stablished -until now at least- by both OSH legislation and ISO/OHSAS management standards ;
- the incorporation of the OSH management to the sustainability and social responsibility approaches means that, in addition to relevant authorities and/or renowned third parties, the performance evaluation is subject to an unexpected and unknown auditor: any affected actor, including the own society .
In this context is in which the management of risk prevention will develop in the next years. And this deserves a motto similar to other revolutions: “Sostenibilidad, responsabilidad, seguridad”
If you liked this blog, you can be informed on new released entries:
- by subscribing to the e-mail notifications;
- following the blog´s Twitter account;
- clicking “like” in the Facebook page;
- adding the blog´s profile to your circles in Google+;
- by subscribing to the feed updates of the blog.
Referencias:  ARAGON VALLEY. 29 nov 2013. En el trabajo, eres incremental o disruptivo? http://www.aragonvalley.com/en-el-trabajo-eres-incremental-o-disruptivo/ Consulted 21 oct 2014  ARAGON VALLEY. 8 jul 2014. Sustainability strategies, the ideal habitat for safety and health. http://www.aragonvalley.com/en/sustainability-strategies-the-ideal-habitat-for-safety-and-health/ Consulted 21 oct 2014.  MAIRAL, David. 20 oct 2014. Sostenibilidad, responsabilidad, seguridad. Prevención Integral. http://www.prevencionintegral.com/comunidad/blog/aragon-valley/2014/10/18/sostenibilidad-responsabilidad-seguridad. Consulted 21 oct 2014 Bibliografía: MAIRAL, David. 20 oct 2014. Sostenibilidad, responsabilidad, seguridad. Prevención Integral. http://www.prevencionintegral.com/comunidad/blog/aragon-valley/2014/10/18/sostenibilidad-responsabilidad-seguridad. Consulted 21 oct 2014